Nothing says National Tequila Day like a spicy margarita mixed with summer’s favorite fruit. This week I’m bringing you a little sugar and spice with the Smokin’ Melon Margarita. A simple blend of jalapeno infused sliver tequila and watermelon juice, this marg will certainly give you the kick in the ass you need to start your week off strong and steady – well as steady as you can be.
Just follow these simple ingredients and you’ll be feelin’ the power of agave in no time.
First: Gather the necessities:
- Sliver Tequila – I prefer Milagro Sliver or Espolon Sliver Tequila.
- Watermelon Juice – or if you’re an overachiever, you can grab eight cubed watermelons and make puree by blending and straining the watermelon. I prefer the juice.
- Triple Sec, lime juice & simple syrup
Next: Portion out your ingredients. To make 7 1/2 servings, you will need:
- 8 cups of watermelon juice
- 1 1/2 cups of tequila – if you’re feelin’ feisty make it two cups… or three.
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 to 2 thinly sliced jalapenos
Then: To create the magic, combine all the ingredients in a pitcher with ice. Cover the pitcher and let it chill for one hour – the longer it sits, the spicier it gets.
Finally: Pour a glass for you and six of your friends. Or just pour yourself seven servings, I’m not judging you on this day.
~ Happy National Tequila Day ~
Drink Of The Week is a weekly feature which introduces you to some kick-ass cocktails you should be drinking, crafting and sharing with your friends.